Food Technology RoomAerodrome Primary Academy
This project comprised the refurbishment an existing Food Technology Room to create a versatile cooking and food preparation facility.
Our brief was to design and develop, in close partnership with the School, a welcoming environment for children to learn about Food Technology but also create a space which would be versatile to be used outside of school teaching hours to hold breakfast and after school clubs.
The new kitchen facilities where installed a two separate levels to allow children of all ages within the school make use of the facilities and equipment. Workstations were also designed for use during theory lessons.
A summary of the works carried out:
- Supply and installation of new kitchen units and worktops with lockable cabinets
- New appliances with ‘slide and hide’ oven doors to provide a safe cooking environment
- Installation of new lighting comprising suspended pendant fittings, LED downlighters and LED under cabinet lighting
- Secure storage of ingredients and cooking equipment
- Redecorations to all areas
- New vinyl floor coverings